Stand alone power system (SAPS)
Off-grid power technology works by using a combination of solar power, an energy storage unit (ESU) and a generator. These stand alone power systems are remotely set up on your property without the need to be connected to the main power supply.
- The energy storage units (ESU) combine an inverter, batteries, frame, cladding, switchgear, and systems for managing solar energy
- The solar panels or photovoltaics (PV) come complete with frame, supports and wiring
- The generator consists of a diesel motor, alternator, enclosure and base
Homes, baches and huts, workplaces, remote dwellings, small shearing sheds, supplementary cowshed supply….
As Base Power’s off-grid models are tailored to meet individual customer needs, a variety of specifications and technology is available to suit you.
- Single-phase systems deliver voltages through peaks and troughs. Suits most households and small commercial set-ups.
- Three-phase systems offer constant electricity transfers. Suitable for heavy load applications and the running of large electric motors.
- Off-grid performance with an output voltage of 230 volts at 50Hz – the same as the national grid.
Our energy storage units (ESU) feature:
- A sturdy aluminium frame with powder coated cladding – lockable and safe to touch
- Electronic customer screen
- Interactive inverter(s) which efficiently manage the solar energy between the PV, batteries, generator and customer load
- MPPT solar charges which manage the solar energy harvested from the PV
- Switchgear, providing protection and electrical isolation
- Internal communications between components
- Wifi compatibility
Our PV panels harvest solar UV rays and convert them to electricity and feature:
- A modular frame that supports and securely holds the panels
- A frame support that provides a connection between the frame and the support
- An electrically sound wiring pathway to the ESU
Our backup generator features:
- A Caterpillar diesel engine
- An alert light on the ESU for when the diesel needs topping up in the generator
- Secure enclosure, providing protection from the elements and noise mitigation
- A concrete pad